Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Turning Up the Story of the Lord

The week of July 8-12 I got the amazing experience of helping with Northside United Methodist Church's Vacation Bible School, which was titled Turn It Up. This is the first time I have volunteered for it, and I can honestly say it was the most awesome time at church I have had in a long time. I got to be the storyteller, who told a story about the Bible every day. At the beginning of the week, we started with creation and went to crucifixion and then to Resurrection by the end of the week. But storytelling, isn't the only thing I did. I also helped with music every day. I loved getting to be with all of the kids and sharing my passion for the Lord with them. Miles got to spend his days in the nursery. I think he enjoyed it, too!

Here's Miles' first VBS art piece he created during the week. We are looking forward to many more fun times at NUMC.



No comments:

Post a Comment