Sunday, July 28, 2013

17 Months



We are incredibly blessed with such an amazing little guy who is such a joy in our lives. Miles turned 17 months old today! I can't believe how quick time is passing. I know everyone always says, "It seems like yesterday when he was born." But this statement is very true. I try and cherish each and every moment I get with this vivacious dude. I thank God every day for giving me such an awesome child who is perfect in our eyes.

We actually weighed and measured Miles this time. He weighs 28lbs. I think he's lost weight because he is such a busy body. He stands at 33.5 inches tall. We think he is going through a growth spurt right now. He eats nonstop!



Here are some of this month's MILEStones:

  • I am busy and into anything and everything.
  • I am quick.
  • I can run.
  • I love to dance.
  • I know where my nose, hands and toes are (thanks to Mommie Cica!)
  • I can point out several things in books, including the moon, cats, dogs, zebras, chairs, and toothbrushes.
  • Every night while Mommy/Daddy prepares my bath, I go to the drawer for my toothbrush and toothpaste.
  • I like to snuggle with my talking Scout dog while I doze off to sleep.
  • I can say these things: moon ("moo"), tree ("tee"), I want that ("wah dat"), cat ("tat"), and more ("mo").
  • I throw temper tantrums when I don't get my way by screaming and kicking my legs.
  • I have been to time out a few times.
  • I still love Yo Gabba Gabba.
  • I can recognize people I know in pictures.
  • I can climb on and off chairs and couches.
  • I imitate things I see and hear.
  • My favorite food is still macaroni and cheese.
  • I love ice cream and yogurt.
  • I can follow simple directions like going to get a toy or diaper.
  • I am better at walking up and down steps.
  • I can give kisses.
  • I love dogs and cats.
  • I am getting pretty good at cause and effect.
  • I can throw a ball. 
  • I am beginning to appreciate plates instead of throwing them off the table.
  • I put my hands over my ears whenever I hear something loud or unpleasant.
  • I still love outside and wish I could be out there all day.
  • I love to play hide and seek with Mommy and Daddy.
  • I have 16 teeth.
  • I still drink warm milk in the morning before breakfast.
  • I don't care for vegetables, but I am beginning to explore more types of fruit.
  • I like to be told "no" so I can immediately go back to doing whatever I was doing again.
  • I crave attention.
  • I am wearing 24 months, 2T and some 3T clothes.
  • I am still in size 5 diapers.
  • I know not to do things, but I wait until Mommy and Daddy aren't watching so I can do it anyway.
  • I like to carry things like shirts, stuffed animals, and small toys around the house.
  • If I dump or take something out of a container I usually pick it up without pitching a fit.
  • I try to climb up people when I want them to pick me up.
  • I still cuddle when I'm tired.
  • My favorite snacks are goldfish, teddy grahams, and grapes.

Miles getting his 3rd haircut at Little Rascals.


Miles picking wildflowers.


Miles throwing a tantrum because we couldn't get his juice from the waitress at Cracker Barrel quick enough.


Miles can brush his teeth, but only after Mommy or Daddy brush them first.


I caught Miles kind of picking up one day...



This is how he does before he takes a nap. He likes to chill and talk to himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment