Tuesday, July 2, 2013

16 Months Old


Our AMAZING little guy is now 16 months old. Time needs to stop going so quickly. We cannot believe how awesome this young man is. He is loved by so many people and is truly a blessing to us. We are so proud of him and all of his accomplishments so far. It is simply amazing how much you can love and appreciate such a small person as much as we do, but it is true. He is the joy and sunshine in our lives!

I am not sure on his weight or height this month because we haven't been to the doctor. But I can tell you that he no longer fits in his size 4 shoes he wore last fall/winter and this spring. I will hopefully take his measurements soon when I can get to a scale because I don't own one :).

This month's MILEStones:


  • I love the outdoors and could stay outside for hours.
  • I love to swing.
  • I like to carry stuff around while I walk, especially my Yo Gabba Gabba jammies.
  • I am finally starting to drink milk out of a sippy cup. I drink one every morning.
  • I am still in size 5 diapers.
  • I wear 24 month, 2T, and some 3T clothes.
  • I love to swim.
  • I talk gibberish all the time.
  • I can say "MaMa" , "DaDa", "Dah" (dog), "Hi", and "Waz dah" (what's that).
  • I know what several different words mean, including bath, no, outside, eat, book, on, off, run, and dog.
  • I no longer take a bottle.
  • I am no longer crying before I go to sleep at night. I say my prayers with Mommy or Daddy and then go to sleep.
  • I still do not like eating vegetables so Mommy juices them for me in my super juice.
  • I love frozen yogurt and ice cream.
  • I am starting to throw fits when I don't get my way or don't get what I want.
  • I love to read books and have books read to me.
  • I can climb on the couch and into the kitchen table chairs.
  • I have a new dance move: shimmying my shoulders.
  • I wave hi and bye to people. I either wave backwards or shake my wrist.
  • I hold one hand up when I run.
  • My favorite food is macaroni and cheese.

Miles likes to run and play at the park. He also carries this shirt around whenever he can!




This is his new favorite thing...carrying his golf clubs around the yard.


Miles still loves music.


Playing in the mud...


...and swinging from the tree.


Miles knows where the Ritz crackers are and isn't afraid to go and get some himself! Matt caught him in the act the other night while cooking dinner.


This was Miles and I's first picnic at North Park. He actually sat at the picnic table and ate the majority of his lunchable.


On his 16 month old birthday, Friday, June 28th, we treated him to a McDonald's Happy Meal. He stuffed those nuggets into his mouth like they were going to run away or something. I have to say, though, he enjoys chick fil a nuggets more than McDonalds.

Here's a video of Miles at the park one day. He was having fun!



We are so blessed and grateful for this healthy, strong, and vivacious little boy. We thank God every day for blessing us with such a treasure! It is fun to see mine and Matt's little quirks come out in Miles. He definitely has Matt's personality. He makes friends with anyone and is the biggest flirt. He also has a little temper and a big appetite! I think he gets his dance skills and love of music from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment