Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Miles' First Time on the Lake

Friday night as I was winding down from our beach vacation, I got a phone call from a teacher friend of mine. She invited us to go out on Pickwick with them this past Saturday. I told her I'd let her know. Well, despite my exhaustion, Matt and I jumped at the chance to have a day of fun on the water with Miles and some great friends.


Carol Ann, her husband Brian, and their daughter Logan took us on a Saturday extravaganza...featuring tube riding...




...yes Miles rode in a tube (very slowly)...


...pontoon driving with Carol Ann...



...pontoon napping... (I think he took the best nap of his life!)


...and a little lake swimming with Logan. 


He is wearing a life jacket called a puddle jumper. They are the BEST!! I advise moms of swimmers out there to definitely invest in one of these. They don't ride up on their little chins and are U.S. Coast Guard approved.


Miles liked the lake better than the ocean because it was a lot calmer. He would cry every time we made him get out of the water.


He enjoyed riding on a boat for the first time, too.


Pickwick is a pretty lake. I had never been before until Saturday so Miles and I both had some firsts that day. A HUGE thank you to the Williams family for asking us to go "laking" with them. We had a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment