Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Miles + Water= LOVE

Mimi (Matt's mom Elaine) told me a funny story about Matt one day. Anyone who knows my husband, knows that he loves anything that involves the outdoors. With that said, he enjoys not only hunting but also fishing as well as the beach. However, when he was little, according to his mother, he was deathly afraid of the water. So much so that he didn't like to swim. She said he would scream when he would get near a swimming pool.

Our son, is the exact opposite of his wonderful daddy. He is not scared of the water. In fact, he takes extreme pleasure in getting in water, including nasty, slobbery dog water bowls. The other night after we had our annual Sunday family dinner, we were out in the back yard roasting some marshmallows for s'mores. The next thing we knew, Miles was in the dog bowl having the time of his life.


We have a water bowl for Roxie and Luke in our bathroom, as well. So, the next morning I am cleaning the kitchen after breakfast and hear Miles cackling in the bathroom. I found this...


He was in this dog bowl. I need to mention that I just got him dressed to go to the park. Needless to say, we had to change our clothes. The next day was parents' day out so Miles went to church for a few hours. When he got home he wanted to help me "water my flowers". I think he got more water on him than the flowers did but he had fun, so, that's all that matters to me.


He also got into a mud puddle....and had a blast!


I hosed him off and he wanted to stay outside in the mud. We have a typical boy on our hands, who loves getting muddy and going for swims anytime and any place he can. I see many swimming lessons with Honey in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment