Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring Break Take 2...

The day after we arrived in Naples, we went to Ft. Myers (it is about 20-30 minutes away) to watch the Cardinals play the Minnesota Twins in a spring training matchup.

It was Miles first professional baseball game.



The stadium was very nice for spring training.




Mimi, Papa, and Miles enjoying the sunshine and the game.


Then, Miles got sleepy, once again. I guess he was making up for lost time.


He would only sleep on me, and suprisingly he slept through most of the game. Then, we walked around the stadium to explore.



Matt really enjoyed himself, but Miles was ready to go back to Papa and Mimi's house.


The next day it was too chilly to go to the beach. (I know what you are thinking....too cold in south Florida? But it was. They had a brief cold snap and it was in the 60's for daytime highs for a few days.) Mimi and Papa kept an eye on Miles while Matt and I went to our first movie together since having Miles. We went to see Olympus Has Fallen at the nicest movie theater I've ever been to. I'm talking huge chairs, a full bar, cupcakes, and a full menu!


When we returned from our afternoon outing we celebrated Papa's birthday. He had a birthday while he and Mimi were in Mexico.


Miles helped him open his new Kindle Fire HD! Then, we went to eat at Michelbob's, which is one of the best BBQ places besides the ones we visit frequently in Memphis (AKA Central BBQ and Rendezvous).





The next day we went shopping at the outlet mall in Ft. Myers. Then, Mimi took me to my very first opera. I've been to Phantom a few times, but never a real opera. It was amazing. She got us great seats to Turandot, which is her alltime favorite opera. I loved the story and the music. My favorite characters were the three brothers-Ping, Pang, and Pong. I had a wonderful time and so blessed to have a mother-in-law I can enjoy the arts with!


No comments:

Post a Comment