Wednesday, May 8, 2013

13.1.....and I'm not Done!!


On April 26th, we traveled to Nashville where I ran in my very first half marathon. Honey, NeNe, Mommie Cica, Matt, Miles and I ventured to the Music City on Friday. Cara and I checked in--she ran her first race (the mini marathon which was 2.6 miles).



We stayed Friday night at the Opryland Hotel. A BIG THANKS TO MY HUBBY FOR BOOKING US SUCH A NICE ROOM! We ate there that night at a sports bar, where Miles got to grub out on some french fries.

The next morning we woke up and Matt took Cara and I to Cenntenial Park where there were thousands of other runners getting ready to run....





 ...in the rain? Yes! It poured the entire time, which for me was 2 hours 1 minute and 10 seconds. Cara finished her 2.6 in a good time too!





Even though it rained, we finished our races! Now we are planning on running the Color Me Rad 5K in Little Rock in June, and Cara is running the St. Jude half marathon while I run the full marathon in Memphis in December.

Please visit www.stjudemarathon.org to see how you can help our team raise $1,000 for the children of St. Jude.



No comments:

Post a Comment