Thursday, March 15, 2012

D-Day (delivery day)

I have been extremely busy....obviously!! Taking care of a baby, creating lesson plans, and doing classwork for Union has been keeping me on my toes. However, I finally had a second, so, I decided to update you on our progress! We have to go back to February 28th...which is the day that I will never forget!

So we arrive at the hospital at 7:15 am on the morning of Tuesday, February 28th. We get up to the labor and delivery floor, and this is the room they took us to....ROOM 13!! I was a little nervous about this, but I was born on the 13th, so, I figured it would bring us good luck. Plus...once Holly got into the room she informed us that this was the room where she had one of her children.

Holly broke my water around 8 or so and they started me on Pitocin. I was doing good and I believe I ate at least five popsicles because ice chips just weren't cutting it for me. I could feel the contractions, but they were tolerable.

After about 1:00, things started to get a little tougher for me. Matt was there the entire time though, coaching me through every contraction. He was a trooper! The contractions were coming faster and stronger. I made it to about 7cm before I couldn't take it anymore!! I had no energy left and knew I needed all I could to push, so I opted for the epidural. So...the doctor comes in to give me the epidural and as soon as I lean over on Malissa (Matt's cousin who is a L and D nurse who came in just for us) the doctor says, "You have scholiosis." I said, "Do what?" I never knew I had it. He tries to insert the needle and catheter and I started to feel a sharp pain in my spine. I yelled ouch and the next thing I knew I began to sweat and felt like I wanted to pass out!! So, the nurses and Holly laid me down on the bed with a cold washcloth on my head. Then, the doctor tried again and this time we sat a little different and it worked like a charm.

This was me after my epidural. I felt much better and went from 7cm to 10cm in no it was time to push!!! We pushed for a good hour, which was the toughest hour of my life. Not being able to eat or drink anything all day and not having much sleep the night before is not the best thing for trying to push a baby out, but we did it!

Miles Cooper Cleek finally arrived at 5:19 pm on February 28th, 2012.

He is so sweet!!

Matt cutting the cord.

and changing Miles first diaper.

We couldn't have gotten through the past 9 months without our wonderful midwife, Holly. She is AMAZING!!!!

Sweet baby Miles

Family of 3

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog by accident. Holly was my midwife too, and Miles was in our top two names! He's so precious! (and how awesome is Holly?!)