Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sniffling, Sneezing, and Coughing...Oh My!

Last week was tough for us. Miles caught his first head cold!! He would get sick the week I went back to work. He started getting a cough on Sunday night. Monday it got worse, so, we took him in on Tuesday to see the doctor. Dr. Blake was off on Tuesday, but we got to see Dr. Maley.

Dr. Maley listened to Miles' lungs and heart. He also looked in his ears and mouth. Dr. Maley said Miles didn't have any signs of wheezing or pneumonia, which was music to our ears for sure. He gave us a sample of some cough medicine and told us to get some Baby Vicks Vapor Rub to put on Miles' chest and underneath his nose.

Later Tuesday night, Miles started getting a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and snuggle time. Needless to say, on Thursday the fever was still hit or miss, but his cough was getting significantly better. He was also able to breathe easier (even though I had to sneak in with the bulb every once in a while to squeeze the congestion out of his nose!) Poor fella! I felt so sorry for him. He was sick during his first Christmas and then he got sick again.

Despite being sick, Miles was somewhat his smiling, active self.



He loves playing hide and seek!!

He even learned a new trick....


It is now a week since we went to the doctor. He still has a cough, but he can breathe a lot better. He just gets mad at me now when I try to wipe his snotty nose. Oh, and, he got Matt and I both sick!! We are fighting this yucky cold now.

No comments:

Post a Comment