Friday, January 4, 2013

Miles' first Christmas

Christmas morning wasn't at all what we imagined. Miles still had a touch of the stomach bug and was not himself at all. He seemed to enjoy all of the things Santa had left for him, including a Rock N Roller Rider, Singing Elmo, cars, clothes and DVDs. However, he rarely cracked one of his heartwarming smiles. He also was very clingy all day.


Our sick little man


After presents, we went to Milan to visit Matt's dad's side of the family. Then, we came back to Jackson for presents at Mimi and Papa's house. While Trey, Darrell, Elaine, Matt and I opened presents, Miles snoozed the afternoon away. When he woke up, we had dinner and he got to open more presents. Then, everything got less festive...



I started feeling sick. I told Matt I didn't feel like myself and thought I had a fever. He, like he always does, said for me to stop thinking I'm sick because it was all in my mind. Well, in Miles' stocking Papa got him a new thermometer. It is the cool kind that you can just swipe across your forehead and it gives you your temp. I tried it out on Miles, he had a temp....I tried it out on myself...I had a temp of 99.5 (which is exactly what my mom had before she threw her guts up). About an hour later, I too was throwing my guts up. Matt was so wonderful to me, though. He went all the way to midtown Jackson to get me some medicine and gatorade. He also went home to get me some PJ's so I could take a bath. Mimi kept Miles for the night so Matt and I could go home and get some rest.

About an hour or two later...I hear Matt on the toilet throwing his guts up. We both were at the same time-not the same place. We were so sick Christmas night. Thank goodness Elaine was there to keep a close eye on our sweet little guy.

The next day we were scheduled to go to Mike and Lisa's for Christmas with the Hatch side of the family, but Matt and I were still feverish and weak. Miles went for us, but he wasn't even feeling well.

Seeing Miles every morning, noon and night...made me feel a little bit better every day. Even though he wasn't his cheery self, he still was a pleasure to be around. He even played with his new toys a little bit, including his new guitar Uncle Joe gave him.



Miles finally started feeling better that weekend...but we gave the stomach bug to the entire family, including Trey, Elaine, Darrell, Mary Claire, and Ashton.

In fact, Miles was feeling so much better that he acted like a little comedian at dinner on Saturday night.



No comments:

Post a Comment