Friday, January 4, 2013

10 months

Just before the New Year...Miles turned 10 months old! We cherish every moment we get to spend with him. He changes every day. Right now, his favorite thing to do is play on the steps and crawl behind the couch. Miles also enjoys eating real "big boy" food, especially when spaghetti is on the menu!



He went to the doctor on Thursday, January 3rd, for his 9 month checkup. (I know...I know...I am a month late. But we were scheduled to go for the 9 month checkup last month, when the flu was running rampant in Jackson. So much so that several schools canceled classes for a few days. We didn't want Miles catching it. Therefore, we decided to wait until his 10 month birthday.) Dr. Blake says that Miles is growing and developing just fine. He is in the 90th percentile in weight at 25.2 pounds. (I think the stomach bug caused him to lose a little weight.) He is in the 97th percentile for height at 30.5 inches. (Matt is really excited about this).

Here are some of this month's MILEStones:

  • I am walking with very little assistance.
  • I have taken a few steps, but as soon as I realize I am alone, I sit down and crawl to my destination.
  • I am wearing size 4 diapers.
  • I am wearing 18-24 month clothes.
  • I am starting to throw temper tantrums when I don't get my way.
  • I have separation anxiety when Mommy or Daddy leave me.
  • I talk my own language.
  • I shake my head no whenever Mommy or Daddy tell me no.
  • I only take about 3, 8 oz bottles a day.
  • I let Mommy brush my teeth at night.
  • I still have 8 teeth, but I am teething really bad.
  • I LOVE to play hide and seek.
  • I still enjoy being read to.
  • I still LOVE Elmo.
  • I understand how my toys work and I actually play with them.
  • I do not understand that patience is a virtue. 
  • I enjoy bathtime.
  • I am very curious.

  • Miles was crawling behind the couch one day and discovered his old chair. He used to love sitting in this chair when he was smaller. He still thinks he's a little baby!


    Miles is fascinated by the washing machine. This may be because he likes the buttons and beeping noises it makes or it could be the shiny inside? Who knows? So this week I decided to let him inside the washer...He had a blast. Don't worry...I didn't shut him in there, and we keep the laundry room door closed when we let him crawl around the house.


    Miles loves his new wagon Uncle Trey gave to him for Christmas. He also enjoys playing with plastic balls. So, last night, Matt decided to put the two together and Miles was loving it. He had the best time playing. I think we had an even better time watching him laugh and play. What a treasure he is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment