Monday, June 10, 2013

Miles goes to Memphis

This past weekend we ventured to Collierville to visit some friends of ours. We got there on Friday afternoon and cooked out at the Butlers' new pad.

On Saturday, my friend Erica and I went running with Miles, while Matt, Kevin and Noah went to play tennis. After our morning workouts, we all went to the splash park. I'm telling you...it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I wish Jackson had something as cool as this! Miles, of course, loved every minute of it. I enjoyed myself too, until some kid sprayed me with an elephant water gun. However, the dismay of being soaked was immediately overturned into complete joy whenever I saw Matt, who was sitting in the middle of the splash park, get drenched when the water came back from its 2 minute break. Oh, how I wish I had my video camera rolling. HILARIOUS!





Miles and his new friend Noah.


This is such a sweet picture that was taken right before Matt got soaked!!


That afternoon, Matt, Miles, and I traveled over to Arlington to the DeBerry's for a sip and see for their sweet new baby Knox. He is precious!

Then, Erica's mom came over to keep Miles and Noah while all the adults went out to dinner. We were so grateful to her for doing this for us. We all went downtown to eat at the Majestic Grille, which was fabulous.




The Cleek's--minus Miles


The Butler's--minus Noah

We had a wonderful time. After dinner and a few beverages, we all went for ice cream at Maggie Moos and then ventured back to Kevin and Erica's house. We had a big day planned for Sunday.

Miles went to spend the day with Honey and Joe Pa.


As soon as we got there, he wanted to go swimming. I think we have a little fish on our hands!!

After dropping Miles off, Matt and I drove back to Collierville where we met up with Kevin, Erica, Trey, and Mimi to head to the FedEx St. Jude Classic at Southwind. This is usually an annual tradition with all of us. We had to skip out last year because Miles was so little and we didn't want to leave him.



We sat in our usual spot...right near the 17th green.



The whole gang-Jeff Lisco, Erica and Kevin Butler, Matt, Mimi, and Trey. I was taking the picture.
I think the coolest part of the day was seeing Phil Mickelson up close and personal!!

When the tournament concluded, we all headed to Carraba's in Collierville where Honey, Joe Pa, and Miles met up with us for some good eats.

We are so thankful to have such amazing friends and family we get to share these special memories and moments with! Thanks to all for a very fun weekend!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment