Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Waddle It Be?



It's official...I'm outnumbered in the Cleek household.




Miller Cannon Cleek it is!

On Saturday, April 5th, we held a gender reveal party with our close friends and family. The theme...Waddle It Be?


After our fetal assessment on the Tuesday prior to our party...I gave my bestie Julie a sealed envelope with a picture of our little one's gender inside. She created this egg for me...


If it was a girl...she would put pink feathers, a pink duck, and a pink letter inside.


If it was a boy she would put blue feathers, a blue duck and a blue letter inside.


Well..you all know the outcome of the egg.



We had cupcakes...a BIG thanks to my friend, Emily, for making them.


We also grilled out burgers, as well as dined on fruit, veggies, and chips and dip.


Guests could vote on their choice of gender. Then they got a ribbon in the color of their choice, and a peep.


Team pink


Team blue
(Hidee voted twice b/c Elaine and Darrell were there via FaceTime and they were team blue. They even had on blue shirts!)


Getting ready to find out baby #2's gender.....



we were so excited!


Ready....



....set....



....open....



...sesame...



Matt said, "You were wrong..."



"I was right..."



"Yessssss!"



It's a BOY!






I was thrilled that my partner in crime, Cara, got to come this time. It wouldn't have been the same without her there.



Miles is excited about "Milner".


Thankful and extremely blessed to have this amazing woman in my life. I can't believe Julie and Todd kept the gender a secret for almost 5 days.


Miles better get ready....Miller will be here before we know it!

Our fetal assessment went great. Miller was 12 oz during the ultrasound. Matt said, "He's as big as a beer!" Lol! 



Miller was very active, just like his big brother. (I have a feeling I'll have some rowdy days and nights in my near future, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.) Miller had a four chamber heart. We got to see his brain, spine, and limbs. They all looked perfect.





It is simply amazing the way God creates something so small yet so miraculous. It amazes me. Miller's heart rate was in the upper 150's. The ultrasound tech says he is measuring 2 days ahead of his due date. Miles didn't want to come out of the womb, so, we shall see what baby brother has in store. I love this little guy already. I thank God every day for giving us this wonderful gift.

**A HUGE shout out to Hidee, NeNe, Cica, and Meemaw for helping me set up for the party. I can't get by without them. Also, thanks to all who came in person and via FaceTime and phone call. We enjoyed the company!**
















































No comments:

Post a Comment