Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2 Years Old

Our sweet, lovable, smart, and energetic baby is not a baby anymore. On February 28, he turned 2! He is a toddler who thinks he is five or six. We have loved every minute of seeing Miles grow over the past two years. He is such a blessing to us!

 


What a difference 2 years makes?! He is still just as sweet as he was the day he came into our lives.




Miles is super smart. I know I am a mom and I am going to gloat on my son. However, he freaks me out sometimes with his keen sense of memory and picking up on things. He is also a big boy! He's in the 90th percentile for height, measuring 37" at his 2 year old checkup. He is in the 75th percentile for weight at a whopping 30 pounds...try pushing that around in a stroller while on a jog with a pregnant belly!

So here are some of this year's MILEStones:


  • I am still wearing diapers, but I am beginning to use the potty occasionally.
  • I don't drink milk anymore.
  • I can say my ABC's.
  • I can count to 10.
  • I can recognize every letter of the alphabet.
  • I LOVE playing with "kahs" or cars.
     
  • I am beginning to make sentences.
  • I pitch fits when I don't get my way. 
  • I enjoy playing hide and seek, especially in pillows on beds or on the floor.
  • I sleep in when its just daddy at home, but I get up early when mommy is there.
  • I can talk...and boy do I do a lot of that.
  • I am beginning to sit in a booster seat when we eat out.
  • I recognize people in person and in pictures.
  • I know that "Minner" (Miller) is the baby in mommy's belly.
  • I love eating cheese, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, and did I say cheese?
  • I have started taking vitamins because I refuse to eat vegetables. If it is green, I want it off my plate!
  • I am OCD and have to have things perfect, like my cars all lined up in a row, or my place mat facing the right direction.
  • I love carrying around screen printed shirts. My favorite shirts are "Elmo shirt" and "Brobee shirt". 
  • I love stuffed animals.
  • I LOVE playing outside. 

  • I call every cat I know or see "abby" b/c it is my Hidee's cat.
  • I can recognize the colors pink, orange, purple, blue, green, yellow, black and red. 
  • I can say all of those colors except yellow.
  • I LOVE buses and point them out by shouting "bus" every time I see one.
  • I enjoy playing on Mommy's "iPlay" or iPad. 

Miles' favorite restaurant is Chick-Fil-A, which is ok in my eyes. His favorite food is still macaroni and cheese. 


We are truly blessed to have such an amazing, perfect, little guy. We are excited to see him become a big brother to Miller later on this year. He already points at my belly and says, "Milnuh". Miles also offers Miller toys, shirts, and cars. Wonder if that will last when Miller arrives?



Miles loves dancing, especially if Elmo is singing. 


Miles loves animals and knows all of their sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment