Miller is growing. On February 27th, he went to Dr. Blake for his 6 month checkup. He said that Miller is very healthy. He weighed 21lbs and was 28" long. Dr. Blake was concerned about Miller's eczema, so, he told us to get some hydro cortisone cream. We are supposed to apply it to the bad spots once a day until it goes away. We have been doing that since Friday, and, Miller's skin looks miraculously better. He even feels like a baby again! Dr. Blake also put him on an antibiotic because Miller scratched his eczema so much that he broke the skin in some places. Miller is set to take his medicine twice a day for 10 days. He HATES it!
Miller is not only a growing boy, but he is also doing all kinds of new tricks.
Here are some of this month's milestones:
- I am wearing some 9 month and 12 month clothes.
- I am wearing size 4 diapers.
- I am eating rice cereal in the morning, and I love it!
- I like to eat sweet potatoes, but I don't really care for green beans and squash.
- I still eat formula several times a day, and I eat 10-12 oz at night before going to sleep.
- I love to watch my big brother Miles. He makes me laugh.
- I like to jump, especially in my bouncy seat.
- I am pretty much sitting up by myself.
- I can roll over from back to tummy and tummy to back.
- I like tummy time a little more than I used to, except when my toys get out of reach.
- I enjoy playing with the plastic packages my wipes come in.
- Car rides make me sleepy.
- I am sleeping in my crib at night and some during my daytime naps.
- I still don't like to sleep much, but I am getting better.
- I have two teeth and I am cutting some more because I drool all over everything.
- I still am battling eczema on a daily basis.
- I love playing with my Cody bear. He sings to me.
- I like to chew on anything I can get my hands on.
- I have a smile that could get me out of so much trouble.
- I am recognizing familiar faces.
- I love Mickey Mouse.
- I am making all kinds of sounds, and sometimes it sounds like I say "Mama". (see video below)
A few weeks ago my grandparents, Meemaw and Papaw (Miles and Miller's great grandparents), kept the boys for a few hours while we went to a friend's wedding reception. When we returned from the party, we walked int to this sight: Miles playing and Miller fast asleep on a snoozing Papaw. So sweet to see my boys loving my grandparents as much as I do!
I hope they will always be this happy around each other. Family is forever!!
Miles turned 3 about the same time Miller turned 6 months. This picture is typical of the boys. Miles not wanting to pay attention to the camera and picking his nose, while sweet, innocent Miller just wants to love on Miles and smile for the camera.
The "standoff"...Baby vs. Bottle, which one will move first?
What Miller does most of the time...chewing on his fingers and drooling everywhere!
Enjoying some rice cereal for breakfast.
He can hold his own bottle, now, too!
Miller loves to talk and make noise.