Sunday, September 8, 2013

1.5 Years Old



A couple of weeks ago (Wednesday, August 28th), Miles turned a whopping 18 months old. I am just in awe of how amazing our child really is. Granted he isn't speaking in sentences like half of my friends' children are or did at his age, but we think he is very smart. We are extremely grateful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for giving us this healthy child who is such a joy and treasure to all of us.

This month he weighs 27 pounds and is 33 1/4 inches long. We went for his 18 month checkup on his 18 month birthday and Dr. Blake says he is doing great and growing just fine.


Most days he is all smiles.


But lately, he gets very angry and throws fits when he doesn't get his way. He also hasn't felt like himself because he is cutting molars....AGAIN!


He loves riding in the car with his "buddies". Elmo 1, Elmo 2, Grover, and Donald Duck. He is big on stuffed animals these days.


Some of this month's MILEStones:


  • I have really mastered throwing fits!
  • I have become a terrible, picky eater.
  • I know where my bellybutton, nose, eyes, stomach, feet, hands, toes, and mouth are.
  • My favorite movie is the Lorax, especially when I can watch it on Daddy's kindle fire while I eat.
  • I can say a few small words like, cat, daddy, mommy, side (outside), whas dat (what's that), whun dat (want that), and Ogatine (ovaltine).
  • I have been teething very bad this month. So much so that I've had fever several times.
  • I am wearing 2t and 3t clothes.
  • I love to sleep with my stuffed animal, Scout, who talks and sings to me.
  • I love to read books.
  • When I do eat, I take forever.
  • I love getting my way and will throw a fit unless I do get my way.
  • I spend minutes in timeout at least 2 times a week.
  • I am mastering climbing onto things.
  • I love to play hide and seek.
  • I can throw a football.
  • I am still in size 5 diapers.
  • I can turn on the water faucet in Mommy and Daddy's bathroom.
  • I am very curious and always into things, especially drawers and cabinets.
  • I know what a lot of things are, like football, Roxie, Luke, chair, moon, sky, tree, lawnmower, and people in my family.
  • I can catch onto things very quickly.
  • I love to watch videos and look at pictures of myself on Mommy's iPhone.
  • I dance all the time.
  • I HATE getting my diaper changed. I run every time I see someone with one and I kick and scream until it's finished being changed.
  • I like to wear around my pajamas, even though they are dirty.




This is Miles throwing a fit at me because he can't have my phone.



This is a taste as to how smart our little guy really is.




These are Miles' football throwing skills. We were watching the broncos game the other night, and he went and grabbed his football and started throwing it. Matt, of course, was thrilled!


I came home from work one day on a Thursday, which is the day Miles goes to our church's Parents Day Out program. He had on his jammies when I walked in. I was a little concerned, so, I asked Matt, "Did he wear those to school?" Matt said he didn't so I assumed he must not have gone to PDO that day, but Matt said he did. Apparently when Miles and Matt arrived home from PDO, Miles saw his favorite zoo jammies and threw a fit to wear them. So, Matt put them on him and he was a happy camper.



No comments:

Post a Comment